2:04pm PST, Nov 14, 2022
Nick and Angel Carter announce a children’s fundraiser just days after the death of their brother aged 34
Backstreet Boys singer Nick Carter and his sister Angel Carter have launched a youth mental health fund through On Our Sleeves in honor of their brother Aaron Carter, who died at his home in California on November 5 at the age of 34 was found dead. A former child star , singer and reality star, Aaron had long struggled with drug addiction and mental health issues before his death. Nick announced the fund on his Instagram Story this week, telling followers he was “very grateful for the love and support for my brother,” and directing them to a donation page through the On Our Sleeves website, which provides mental health services for Offers children and educational resources aimed at ending the stigma surrounding mental illness. “Thank you for choosing to celebrate the impact of Aaron Carter’s life with a gift of hope. By honoring Aaron, you are helping Nick, Angel and their family to help others,” the site reads. Nick also paid tribute to his brother on Instagram after his death. “My heart is broken today,” he wrote at the time. “Although my brother and I had a complicated relationship, my love for him never waned. I’ve always held out the hope that somehow, someday, he’ll find a healthy path and eventually find the help he so desperately needed.” The new fund will support the development of mental health education resources, including lesson plans and Activities for schools, TMZ reported Monday.
Read on for more news…
RELATED: Celebrities who died too soon
Ivanka Trump cuts out Don Junior’s fiancee Kimberly Guilfoyle from Tiffany Trump wedding pictures
Braving a tropical storm, the Trump family brushed aside any ongoing midterm issues and headed to Donald Trump’s Mar-a-Lago resort on Saturday (November 11) for the wedding of Tiffany Trump and Michael Boulos. Social media images shared by Maid of Honor Ivanka Trump showed the whole gang was there – including Tiffany’s mother Marla Maples, former FLOTUS Melania Trump, as well as the former POTUS children and their significant others. However, the SO of a Trump child didn’t make the cut for Ivanka’s family wedding photo dump. That would be Donald Trump Jr.’s fiancee Kimberly Guilfoyle, who was not in the picture Ivanka posted alongside Melania, Tiffany, Marla and Eric Trump’s wife Lara Trump. However, as one Twitter user was quick to point out, Kimberly had stood right next to Ivanka for the shot. “Lol Ivanka cut Kimberly Guilfoyle out of Tiffany’s wedding photos,” user Natalie Betance tweeted Sunday. She also shared both pictures – Ivanka’s snap of the pastel dressed ladies standing side by side without Kimberly and the full image showing Kimberly was next to Ivanka wearing a black dress with huge puff sleeves. A few hours later, Ivanka shared the original image, including Kimberly, on her Instagram Stories, according to Page Six.
RELATED: Celebs who got engaged in 2022
Jay Leno confirms he is ‘fine’ and recovering from ‘serious burns’ after fire
Jay Leno has confirmed he is ‘okay’ after suffering severe burns to his face in a fire on Sunday (November 13). “I received some severe burns from a petrol fire. I am fine. It just takes me a week or two to get back on my feet,” the former Tonight Show host said in a statement to Variety on Monday. TMZ previously reported Jay was hospitalized following the Grossman Burn Center incident, which reportedly took place in his Los Angeles garage, when one of his cars caught fire. Jay, 72, was forced to cancel an appearance at a financial conference in Las Vegas, which was the first to break the news, according to People. “His family has not been able to give us many details, but there has been a very serious medical emergency preventing Jay from traveling,” organizers told conference attendees in an email. “All we know is that he is alive so our prayers go out to him and his family tonight.”
Trevor Noah Announces Next Step After The Daily Show
Trevor Noah is on his way. The Daily Show host announced in September that he would step down from his post on December 8 after seven years on the Comedy Central series. And on Monday (November 14), he announced plans to embark on a major comedy tour called Off the Record on January 20, according to The Hollywood Reporter. With stops in 28 US cities and international dates coming soon, the tour begins in Atlanta and includes performances in New Orleans, Boston, New York, San Francisco and Austin, Texas. He’s set to perform across multiple nights in a number of cities, which THR notes he hasn’t really been able to do while working on The Daily Show. (Trevor continued to tour while fulfilling his duties as host at Comedy Central.) In his exit announcement this fall, the South African-born comedian cited his desire to tour more as a key reason for his decision to leave. “I spent two years [of the pandemic] in my apartment, not on the street, and once I was outside, I realized there was another part of my life that I wanted to explore further,” he explained in September. “I miss learning other languages, I miss going to other countries and doing shows, I miss being everywhere and doing everything.” Trevor is also gearing up to star in a new Netflix comedy special to promote “I Wish You Would,” which is scheduled for release on November 22nd.
Princess Diana’s biographer says Elizabeth Debicki’s stunning portrayal of Diana in ‘The Crown’ left him ‘shook up’
Princess Diana’s biographer Andrew Morton was “staggered” by Elizabeth Debicki’s portrayal of the king in Netflix’s fifth season The Crown. “It left me breathless and it took me back all these years,” he said on Good Morning America on Friday (November 11). The author’s bombastic 1992 book, Diana: Her True Story, chronicles Diana’s marital strife and Prince Charles’s affair with Camilla Parker Bowles, her struggles with bulimia, and the depression and isolation she faces as a member of the royal family had to fight. It features in the fifth season of the Netflix show, as does the late king’s famous “Panorama” interview with former BBC journalist Martin Bashir. “I mean, I don’t say this very often, but I was shaken,” Andrew said. When he originally published the book, he denied that Diana was involved in the project. Following her split from Prince Charles later that year and her death in 1997, Andrew published a second issue confirming that she was his primary source for the biography. That book, titled Diana: Her True Story in Her Own Words, contained edited transcripts of the responses she recorded for Andrew after receiving his questions through a friend, according to Entertainment Weekly. As he reflected on the project, Andrew also recalled that when the project started, he was unaware of how bad things had gotten for Diana. “What I didn’t realize at the time was her sense of isolation, her sense of desperation within the royal system,” he told GMA.