RAPS (The Regulatory Affairs Professionals Society) is looking for a Senior Product Manager in our Education department who will independently lead projects and lead cross-functional teams in support of RAPS’ strategic goals. We are looking for someone who has a desire to become an integral team member to help provide the most focused, relevant and rigorous educational offerings across all aspects of the public health profession.
What you will do:
AFDO/RAPS cooperation for health products (~45%)
- Apply organizational development experience to establish processes and procedures to improve cross-organizational and internal communication and project flow for the AFDO/RAPS Healthcare Products Collaborative.
- Oversee all project lifecycle tasks/workflows related to the AFDO/RAPS Healthcare Products Collaborative and its event portfolio.
- Develop and manage project plans in accordance with timeframe, budget, schedule and resources.
- Develop SOPs, conduct training and develop metrics to ensure SOPs are followed.
- Oversee the marketing manager and collaborate with team members to increase awareness and sales for events.
Large RAPS conferences (~35%)
- Manage partnerships with manufacturing companies for the Convergence and Euro Convergence general session and special events, including negotiating supplier contracts that maximize value for RAPS.
- Manage the identification and development of the general session of Convergence and the Euro Convergence, as well as the production of special events, in cooperation with the executive and production company.
- Manage the production plan and deliverables for Convergence and Euro Convergence assets.
- Schedule and manage onsite rehearsals with talent, speakers, RAPS leaders, and supplier partners.
- Provide support for all speaker management including speaker invitations, session information collection, photos, bios and logistical communications.
RAPS and partnership building offers (~20%)
- Work with RAPS subject matter experts and partner organizations to design, develop and deliver high-quality educational offerings for all modalities.
- Manage and follow the production schedule of select synchronous learning events, including webcasts, virtual seminars, and online workshops.
- Supervise European in-person workshops and work directly with a team of Europe-based contractors.
- Collaborate with the marketing team on campaigns to increase sales.
- Manage pre-event and onsite/online logistics for assigned programs.
- Ensure quality control and consistency for assigned events based on efficient standard operating procedures and regular analysis of customer feedback.
- Participate in the annual planning, budgeting, and routine monitoring of RAPS Education’s financial performance.
- Provide regular progress reports to the executive director, educational programs, leadership, and cross-departmental/inter-organizational teams.
- Other job-related duties as assigned.
- This position oversees the Marketing Manager for the AFDO/RAPS Healthcare Products Collaborative and the AFDO/RAPS program leaders for each event.
What to bring:
Experience / Education (required)
- A minimum of 5-8 years of experience planning and delivering education, training and/or professional development, including event production
- Knowledge of organizational development and experience in implementing systems and processes to improve operations
- Experience in event production management
- Experience in developing and managing online and face-to-face events
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to hold individuals accountable for deadlines
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a team environment and with individuals from a geographically and culturally diverse membership
- Ability to analyze data and develop suggestions for improvement
- bachelor’s degree
- Project management certification an advantage
- Previous experience in a non-profit association
- Experience with international events
- Working knowledge of faculty management systems (preferably Cadmium), membership databases (preferably Impexium) and learning management systems (preferably Meridien)
What RAPS offers:
- Extremely competitive, market-based wages
- Performance bonuses/bonuses, depending on the position
- Generous PTO increase
- 10 paid annual holidays, including a longer break (25.12.-31.12.)
- Health, dental, eye and life insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FLEX)
- 403(b) Retirement Plan
- Compensation for professional development/education
- commuter surcharge
RAPS is the largest global organization by and for those involved in the regulation of healthcare and related products, including medical devices, pharmaceuticals, biologics and nutritional products. Founded in 1976, RAPS helped establish the regulators profession and continues to actively support and operate the profession as a neutral, non-profit, non-lobbying organization. RAPS offers education and training, professional standards, publications, research, knowledge sharing, networking, career development opportunities and other valuable resources, including the Regulatory Affairs Certification (RAC), the only post-graduate professional qualification recognizing regulatory excellence.
RAPS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to cultivating and maintaining a culture of inclusion and connectedness. We grow and learn better together with a diverse team of employees. The collective sum of individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, innovation, self-expression and talent that our people invest in their work represents our culture. We take positive action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.