leadership, one of the UK’s largest B2B brands, is in need of a Senior Maternity Cover Editor to support the editorial team and help develop its award-winning content. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced business journalist who has worked in a busy editorial team and is looking to advance his career with one of the fastest and most dynamic editorial topics of the moment (the world of work and the HR profession).
- contribute ideas The personnel management Magazine and website based on your understanding of the news agenda and audience pain points
- Supporting the development of the brand in the transition to a quarterly print model, with particular responsibility for the development of new shorthand-based online reports, which become high quality editorial products
- Playing a full role in the development of the magazine – writing articles as needed, adding and checking pages, contributing to the creative discussion and briefing of designers and authors, testing texts and improving them in detail
- Daily responsibility for pm Updating the website and keeping it at a high journalistic and creative level
- Monitoring the use of PMs Social media channels (Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and Facebook) and ensuring they are used frequently and effectively to promote content, events and other items as needed
- contribution to the further development of leadership email newsletter and ensures it is produced on time every day
- Talking to clients at the CIPD and maintaining dialogue with them about the pm brand as needed
- Contribution to commercial events and products as needed
- Assisting the editor in establishing a strategic vision for the brand and guiding staff as needed
- Building a network of useful contacts for the brand and an in-depth knowledge of the macro environment affecting readers
- Contacting readers to resolve their questions and escalate them if necessary
- Experience in a multichannel B2B editorial office
- A proven track record of excellence in writing, commissioned writing, digital product development and (ideally) magazine production
- Ability to generate ideas for a cross-platform editorial brand and a clear understanding of what makes good business journalism across all channels
- Understanding and interest in commercial matters
- Experience writing for the web and managing digital products
- time management and teamwork
Haymarket is a successful international specialist media company. We have 60+ market leading brands in the consumer and B2B markets across the UK, US, Asia, India and Germany, connecting people and communities across digital, print, festivals, awards, conferences and exhibitions.
As a global company operating in diverse markets, we are multicultural by nature and committed to attracting, developing and retaining talent that reflects the communities we serve. We equally recognize our broader responsibility to society at large, and use our power and influence to advance diversity, equity and inclusion in our markets
Our advantages include:
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive training and career development program
- 25 days vacation per year excluding public holidays (increase by one day per year of service up to 30 days)
- Flexible working hours
- Generous defined contribution pension plans
- Access to Perkbox
- Health Cash Plan
- Family-friendly policy
- Cycle to work scheme
- Assistance program for employees
- Season Ticket Loans
- Regular individual and team awards and incentives for outstanding performance
We want to support our employees in balancing their personal and professional lives and we believe our range of benefits encourages this. We believe that nothing beats face-to-face time with our colleagues, so we have implemented a blended work model where full-time employees can expect to spend three days of their week in the office and the other two working at a location of their choice .
We pride ourselves on being an Equal Opportunity Employer and are committed to ensuring that all candidates are given an equal opportunity to succeed, regardless of gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, national origin, ethnic or national origin, religion, age or disability.
If you require reasonable customizations to enable you to fully participate in the recruiting process, please contact us at email@example.com.
Join us and see for yourself that Haymarket is a rewarding and exciting place to work.